C-BEN has released the Quality Framework for Competency-Based Education Programs: A User’s Guide to assist institutions in using and adopting C-BEN’s “Quality Framework for Competency-Based Education Programs”. As the number of CBE programs continues to grow, many constituents are looking to build high quality CBE programs in accordance with the Quality Framework. This guide is intended to make the Quality Framework more accessible to institutions wishing to use it. Our goal is not to offer a pathway or the “right answers” to developing and/or improving CBE programs, but rather to offer the high-level, high-leverage questions to be considered to accelerate and enable institutional work. The User’s Guide breaks down each of the 8 Elements of Quality and provides key considerations about where institutions should start, including key people to have at the table, resources needed, institutional illustrations, and pro tips. To access this guide, please click here.
- Faculty, FlexFORWARD Management | Kirkwood Community College | Cedar Rapids, IA
- Director, Competency Based Education Strategic Engagement | University of Mary Hardin-Baylor | Belton, TX
- Academic Advisor | Texas A&M University Commerce | Commerce, TX
- IMPACT Assessment Specialist | Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab, Radford University | Radford, Virginia
- IMPACT Instructional Designer | Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab, Radford University | Radford, Virginia