Nicolet College is currently seeking a visionary leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to create a competitive advantage as Dean of Business. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and will develop extensive working relationships with the college’s executive leaders, as well as academic, student, and community stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be committed to enhancing the quality, variety, and flexibility of degree offerings and to ensuring that the intellectual and instructional resources of Nicolet College are increasingly accessible in a variety of delivery formats. The Dean will be a creative and entrepreneurial leader with experience in developing and supporting pedagogical innovation. Occasional travel will be required.
This role supports the business-related Associate of Applied Science degrees, technical diplomas, and certificates in a rural community and technical college. Current Business programs include: Accounting, Administrative Professional, Business Management, and Information Technology.
Nicolet College in northern Wisconsin proudly serves the Northwoods community from its Rhinelander Campus nestled on 280 wooded acres on the shores of Lake Julia. Join our team and deliver superior community college education that transforms lives, enriches communities, fosters economic development, and expands employment opportunities. View the complete position notice and apply at nicoletcollege.edu/Employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Articulating a clear vision for the future direction of business programming and services;
- Building and maintaining the quality of existing programs;
- Developing new programs;
- Planning and coordinating program viability and quality reviews;
- Providing support and leadership for program accreditations;
- Expanding flexible degree offerings;
- Supporting faculty teaching, scholarship and service;
- Providing leadership for advisory committees;
- Driving enrollment;
- Developing and managing budgets for areas of responsibility including operational, capital, and grant budgets; and
- Enhancing a culture of diversity and community with employees, students, and community partners.
- Master’s Degree.
- Evidence of being a visionary builder with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience creating, growing, and expanding an organization or entity.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience as an academic administrator in a technology-rich, data-informed higher education environment.
- Enthusiasm for educational technology and experience in organizations at the leading edge of competency-based, online, and hybrid modalities.
- Demonstrated skills and leadership in areas of program viability and quality review.
- Full-time technical or community college-level teaching experience.
- Evidence of fostering excellence in the quality of teaching and service.
- Experience with flexible program design and delivery.
- Significant leadership experience with strategic planning, human resource, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Experience with recruiting and retention of diverse students and employees.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining partnerships with industry, the community, and other stakeholders.
The full salary range is $73,735 – $110,602 per year, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply online at nicoletcollege.edu. Attach a cover letter addressing how your background and experience complement this position, current resume, and unofficial transcripts. Applications received by 4 p.m. on Monday, March 4, 2019, will receive full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.