Maintains and enhances the UMHB course design process, including development of online courses and revisioning of existing courses. Collaboratively works with faculty as subject matter experts to design new fully online courses and re-vision existing courses with the aim of meeting the needs of diverse populations of students while enhancing educational experiences through leveraging technology. Supervises the Instructional Design team. Encourages and promotes innovative uses of technology through professional development of faculty, regular conference attendance, and collaboration with campus leadership.
1. Master’s degree in instructional design or related field required.
2. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in instructional design in a higher education environment is required, including online course delivery. Experience designing competency-based programs is preferred.
3. Thorough knowledge of instructional design methodologies, relevant technology tools, test development, assessment, etc. is required.
4. Competency in learning management systems is required. Experience with Canvas learning management system is preferred.
5. Experience managing multiple projects is required.
6. Basic knowledge of with the Quality Matters (QM) process preferred
7. Experience in Immersive Learning Environments and NGDLE preferred.
8. Basic competency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
9. Must be proficient in general office equipment operation.
10. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-oriented skills.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Click here to apply now.
In the online portal, please attach a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Online applications as well as supporting documentation may also be submitted/completed in person at:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.