Reports to: Director, SLCC Online and eLearning Services
Job Category: Staff, Full-time
Starting Salary: Based on qualifications
Job Open Date: 02/28/2020, Open until filled
The Competency Based Education (CBE) Program Manager works between multiple schools and program areas who are undertaking CBE projects. The manager is responsible for managing the process between SLCC’s eLearning department, academic units, and all other areas affected by CBE. The Manager will oversee both full-time and part-time staff including; CBE Success Coaches and part-time support staff, as needed. The manager serves as a conduit between administration, support staff, and faculty to ensure a seamless process for those areas either currently offering CBE or those beginning to make the change. The CBE Manager will provide management and collaboration between different departments and enable cross-departmental communication between CBE departments. The Manager will also create cross-functional teams outside of school boundaries
The CBE manager will also serve as the liaison for course development/review for all SLCC CBE courses/programs and coordinate internal non-credit to credit articulations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Management of all CBE related activities at SLCC. Work with the eLearning Director to ensure all CBE areas are being served and represented at internal and external events. Work with Deans, Associate Deans, CBE Program Faculty, and other SLCC staff to ensure CBE curriculum is following procedures outlined in SLCC’s CBE Handbook. Develop, in conjunction with program faculty, stackable credential model where opportunities exist and evaluate new opportunities for both internal and external partnerships.
Manage budgets and staff within the CBE program areas across the college. Travel, as necessary, to represent the college at CBE related functions. Other duties as assigned.
Experience in multiple modes of CBE. Experience with CBE in an a Higher Education setting. Experience working in a community/technical college, Experience with launching new CBE programs, preferably in a community college environment. CBE curricular design/implementation experience
Masters Degree in a related field. Experience in program management, project management, and/or personnel management, preferably in an academic environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability and willingness to question status quo practices and influence others through persuasion and demonstration
- Ability to conceptualize innovative ideas and solutions
- Ability to take the lead among professional peers and partners
- Ability to influences and mentor others by example and the use of constructive criticism
- Ability to represent the interests and concerns of a group to others
- Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate the work of others
- In-depth understanding of and/or willingness or ability to learn College Enrollment procedures, financial aid and funding processes especially as it relates to CBE.
- In-depth understanding of all college CBE programs and transfer opportunities.
- Understanding and use of data tracking and performance tools and software
- Computer software knowledge including but not limited to: Banner, Microsoft Office Word, Access, PowerPoint and presentation media including tablets, laptops and LCD projectors
- Plan and manage projects, prioritize assignments and carry to completion
- Use independent problem solving to analyze issues and create action plans
- Plan, organize and participate in small and large events both on and off campus
- Work collaboratively and professionally with school and community partners
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, enter data into a spreadsheet or a database and create a follow up plan with prospective students
- Work well under pressure and independently; learn quickly and adapt to a flexible schedule
- Work ethically with confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-current.pdf. Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above. FLSA: Exempt
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Reference
- Other Doc