The Role + Opportunity
Education Design Lab is seeking an Education Designer, Micro-credentialing Project Manager with at least 8 years of experience building digital learning experiences to manage our work developing next-generation tools and learning experiences for assessing human skills and capabilities. This designer will be pivotal in our efforts to help break down the systemic inequity of today’s hiring processes.
What will you do?
This role builds on the Lab’s expertise and 5+ years working with over 100 learning providers ( 2 and 4-year colleges, nonprofits and employers) to implement our 21st century skills framework and micro-credentials. The team member will function as product and project developer/manager for cutting-edge, nationally grant-funded initiatives, including help designing “experience credit” which is just as valuable as college credit. The work stream will likely include enhancing the Lab’s existing suite of tools and products for our signature 21st century skills micro-credentials, and exploring strategic partnerships and adjacent tools/products that ultimately strengthen the Lab’s position as a leader in the acquisition, assessment and credentialing of 21st century skills.
This unique opportunity allows the right person to contribute to a critical national conversation, of which the Lab is a part, to create equitable, scalable solutions that will provide millions of adults (especially historically underrepresented populations) with increased mobility in a global, increasingly skills-based economy.
What skills are we looking for?
● Experience coordinating with and leading diverse stakeholder groups (i.e. employers, learners, education providers, and tech vendors), designing supportive work flows, and managing complex projects
● Experience in digital assessment development for competency-based learning
● An understanding of the education technology landscape and emergent technologies that provide learner/earner information
● Knowledge of/excited by technology that could enhance our existing performance-based assessments including virtual reality, simulations, artificial intelligence
● Ability to implement creative instructional design and quality online learning experiences
● Working knowledge of learning theories to facilitate the Lab’s 21st century skills and cultivation of new frameworks/content
● Experience with digital product development and system integration
● Ability to communicate the vision and value of solutions to various audiences
To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This may be an excellent opportunity for you if you:
● Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and aren’t afraid of building and operating in white and emergent spaces
● Are tech-savvy and believe education technology can level the playing field for new majority learners
● Love connecting dots across the technology landscape
● Are a strategic thinker who can see where learner needs are headed in the future and the tools necessary to support them
● Like to hit the ground running and are naturally inclined to proactively explore possibilities
● Thrive collaborating across teams
This position is full-time and, ideally, based in Washington, DC. Up to 25% travel may be required in a post-COVID environment. A successful candidate who is not DC-based should be prepared to spend the equivalent of at least 8 days per quarter in DC or on location with other team members. (Included in the 25%.)
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
About the Lab:
The Education Design Lab is a national nonprofit dedicated to transforming higher education to meet the needs of the New Majority Learner, including first-generation and low income students, working adults, veterans, student parents, etc. To date, we have partnered with over 135 colleges and universities and engaged employers, entrepreneurs, government, foundations, and nonprofits to address barriers to success for underserved learner populations. The organization has significant experience managing national and local learning cohorts, working with organizations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Strada Education Network, Lumina Foundation, the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, the United Negro College Fund, Walmart, Credly, American Council on Education, and the ECMC Foundation. Learn more: www.eddesignlab.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Education Design Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.