IMS Global is hiring a program manager for its Digital Credentials portfolio. Digital Credentials are an exciting and growing area for the education and the corporate learning sectors. IMS Global’s open standards form the foundation of the skills-based credentials ecosystem. IMS is a non-profit member organization dedicated to lifelong learning through technology. As the representative of IMS to the market, the program manager works with industry leading technology suppliers, innovative institutions and community groups while leading project groups of IMS member organizations and IMS architects to develop and enhance the open standards. The program manager will facilitate an agile software specification development process, be skilled at coordinating internal resources and third parties and develop project plans to advance and track progress. He/she will own the product’s representation on IMS web sites, oversee product-related member forums, and drive the development and delivery of impactful resources to communicate and support market adoption. The program manager organizes and ensures releases are delivered on schedule within scope.
- Be the owner of your portfolio’s development and market adoption
- Manage agile specification development and related projects from initiation through completion, help develop and advance project management best practice
- Coordinate with sponsors, stakeholders, and project teams to define and document product value, features, requirements, scope, plans and outcomes
- Based on feedback from management and product steering committees, help to balance the project portfolio, maintain updated priorities, and allocate resources across projects
- Provide weekly status updates to staff and management
- Guide and coach project group participants in adopting agile / scrum best practices and values
- Implement IMS governance policies and practices
- Maintain Github repos related to specification development
- Foster and grow member community engagement
- Recruit prospective member organizations to be contributing members
- Contribute to IMS’ long term growth by understanding and responding to market needs through your portfolio products
- Represent IMS at member meetings and meetings outside IMS via presentations and other communications
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; of which at least 2 years should be managing projects using agile /scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to the often changing needs of the market
- Experience using and maintaining Github repositories or related tools
- Knowledge and experience with IMS standards and APIs
- Embraces ownership in the success of one or more IMS standards products
- A quick learner, self-directed possessing excellent problem-solving skills
- Enjoys helping others solve problems
- Technical support or customer service experience
- Technical writing experience
- Comfortable presenting technical information to a general or technical audience
- Provide on average a minimum of 40 hours of work to IMS per week in performance of the above services.
- Normal hours of operation are based upon US Eastern Time zone
- Other duties as assigned
Travel: Based on guidance from health authorities, travel at least four times per year if requested to attend IMS Global’s four-day member’s meeting in locations primarily in the United States. Other periodic and incidental travel may also be necessary.
Location is Flexible
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for the position, please send a letter of interest and a short resume to email@example.com.