Radford University invites applications for the position of Assessment Specialist within the Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab. This position plays an integral part in the Lab’s overall success as it provides professional planning, coordination, and development for all course and program assessment within the Lab. This position involves working in a fast-paced environment with internal and contracted faculty, staff, and subject matter experts in a variety of settings to conduct needs assessments, identify instructional goals, analyze objectives and content needs, and develop appropriate assessments that are functional and effective within computer-supported delivery modes. Utilizing a backwards instructional design approach, this position will design and implement valid and reliable assessment items (e.g., questions) and instruments (e.g., quizzes and tests) that are aligned with and measure the course and program objectives which are directly aligned with the course and program competencies through best practices. This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations of the IMPACT Lab at Radford University.
Located in beautiful southwestern Virginia, Radford University is a comprehensive, midsize student-focused public university that offers its more than 9,500 students a diversity of outstanding academic programs. Renowned for teaching excellence and a focus on strong faculty/student bonds, the innovative use of technology in the learning environment, and a vibrant student life on a beautiful campus, Radford University offers many opportunities to engage both faculty and students in teaching, research and public service as scholars and citizens. We seek new colleagues with a passion for student success and willingness to contribute to our collegial intellectual community. More information can be found at https://www.radford.edu.
- Education and experience background providing expertise in assessment methods, practices, and principles, learning theory, and the measurement of learning outcomes as well as course and program effectiveness.
- Considerable experience in assessment development with an emphasis in online and alternate delivery methods.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and assess different subject areas. These subject areas range from, but are not limited to, cybersecurity, geospatial intelligence, data science, and K12 education.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of assessment formats and types.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning activities and assessments aligned with the best practices of online learning and assessment methods, practices, and principles.
- Working knowledge of skills, tools, and processes used in the development and assessment of web-based training / e-Learning, including direct experience with one or more online learning management systems.
- Working experience with the design, preparation, and documentation of assessment plans and supporting materials and documents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive organization topics and issues as well as maintain learner privacy.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment through face to face and virtual interactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience assessing objectives and competencies through a backwards instructional design model preferably in higher education and not just industry/corporate environments.
- Previous experience developing objective and performance assessments within a higher education environment specifically working with faculty or subject matter experts to review different content areas and develop assessment items, activities, and instruments to measure learning outcomes and course and program effectiveness.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and online assessment.
- Familiarity with learning theory, learning sciences, and its application within online learning environments.
- Familiarity with educational research methodologies and practices.
- Experience working in a competency-based learning environment.
- Experience with validity and reliability studies and psychometric analysis.
Apply online at https://jobs.radford.edu/postings/9089. Only online applications will be accepted. Review of applications will begin on March 30, 2021.
Radford University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices.