SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Performs student recruiting and admission activities as assigned, with emphasis on competency based education coordination of MyWay and partnership development through marketing and collaboration. Provides counseling and advising services to prospective students through the entire process from initial contact until enrollment is completed, to include initial degree plan evaluations. Assists in the design and implementation of competency based e-mail, social media, and other recruiting campaigns. Creates and maintains a high level of contact with prospective students and community resources, to include community colleges, local businesses, and military services. Reviews prospective students’ records and makes recommendations to Admissions, Financial Aid and other departments. Maintains thorough and contemporary knowledge of UMHB admission, registration, financial aid processes, student life (including the student handbook), UMHB traditions and culture, and a working knowledge of MyWay academic programs, degree plans, resources (i.e. academic counseling, tutoring, mentoring programs) and similar academic procedures. Creates and/or sustains a marketing strategy for MyWay.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required (prefer business, education or related field).
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time employment experience in student recruiting/admissions, marketing, or a closely related field is required. Prefer experience in higher education.
- Proficiency in professional presentations is required.
- Experience in event planning is preferred.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
- Must be available for occasional travel.
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule, including assigned weekend and evening hours to facilitate recruiting events and activities.
Find more information and apply here.