To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The instructor is responsible for fostering student learning through effectively teaching coursework in the area of Management. A course load of 15 credit hours per semester is required. Teaching schedule will be assigned by the dean and may involve teaching at various Kirkwood locations in a variety of delivery formats including online, virtual, and face to face. Instructors may be asked to teach evenings and weekends. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the instructor will be expected to contribute professional expertise through non-teaching activities to the department, program, and college. The instructor will be responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of an individual Professional Preparation Plan as outlined by the College’s Quality Faculty Plan.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement, empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability, working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service, anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance, commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead, regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Be able and willing to deliver courses in variable delivery times, methods, and locations as required by the college.
- Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi to students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Evaluate student performance and provide timely feedback on a regular basis.
- Utilize the Kirkwood Learning Management System to post course syllabi and relevant documents and provide access to student grade book.
- Maintain a minimum of one office hour per day and be available on an as-needed basis for student questions and discussions regarding their performance.
- Participate in curriculum development, revision, and assessment activities at course, program, department, and college levels.
- Discuss program, career, transfer options and other college services with students to support informed academic decisions.
- Participate in the development and/or execution of departmental and college tasks, projects, and goals.
- Maintain relationships with K12, transfer, and community and/or industry partners.
- Regularly engage in professional development activities and actively seek information about developing trends and ideas.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Be able and willing to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form and possess digital literacy skills related to computer technology.
- Be creative, energetic, and self-motivated with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Teaching experience.
- Master’s degree in Business, Management, or Human Resources.
- Experience in CBE (Competency Based Education), Standards-Based Learning, or Personalized Learning.
- Curriculum development experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Community college teaching experience.
- Supervision, Project Management, or Human Resource experience.
Find more information and apply here.