Join our four-part interactive workshop series and you’ll learn how to create quality CBE programs and credentials. Whether you are looking to build a full degree program or a microcredential, Camp CBE can help you map your adventure!
The nation’s leading experts, serving as your Camp Counselors, will guide you through a series of activities – culminating in a competency-based exemplar that’s ripe for replication. We’ll start with a solid foundation, C-BEN’s Quality Framework for CBE Programs, and use backward design principles to create a program designed to reach today’s learners.
Though you’ll be sad when Camp CBE ends, you’ll be a happy camper when you know how to …
- Connect various higher education initiatives, such as prior learning assessment, microcredentials, short-term stackable credentials,
- Demonstrate increased confidence in competency-based methods and backward design principles,
- Identify the knowledge, skills, abilities, and intellectual behaviors needed for a credential,
- Write well-crafted, behaviorally-described competency statements, and
- Create performance-based assessments and level of mastery rubrics aligned to a credential pathway or career pipeline, whichever is most appropriate for the selected program.
Part 1: What is CBE? / Competency Identification
June 15 12:00 – 4:30 PM ET
Part 2: CBE Assessment Practices
June 29 12:00 – 4:30 PM ET
Part 3: Building a Learning Pathway
July 20 12:00 – 4:30 PM ET
Part 4: Wrap-Around Student Support Services, Business Processes, and Systems
August 10 12:00 – 4:30 PM ET
All sessions will include a 30 minute break at 2:00 PM ET
|Exploring Alone?||Trekking in a group?*|
*Includes up to 5 members. Team members must be working on the same program.
Registration will close on Friday, June 4, 2021. Space is limited.
Camp CBE Registration Fee includes:
- Access to a Camp Counselor – CBE expert who will provide personalized feedback to you or your team
- CBE Development Workbook – Practical, step-by-step guided activities to help you create quality CBE offering
- C-BEN’s Quality Framework for CBE Programs and other helpful resources
Who should be included in a program team?
- 1 to 2 Faculty Members
- Department Chair or Dean
- Instructional/ Curriculum Designer
- Employer Partner
Join the national movement by becoming a C-BEN member and register at the discounted rate.
Not familiar with C-BEN?
We are a network of institutions, employers, and experts committed to unlocking the potential of competency-based learning to ensure education and training is more flexible, responsive, and valuable. C-BEN is the go-to source on competency-based learning—home to practitioners and leaders who are reimagining education and helping others design and build high-quality offerings. Through our work, we aim to advance the understanding of competency-based learning, accelerate its development and scale, develop and maintain quality standards, and remove barriers to its continued growth. Apply for membership here or contact us for more information.
Camp CBE is sponsored in part by