Join our four-part interactive workshop series and you’ll learn how to create quality CBE programs and credentials. Whether you are looking to build a full degree program or a micro-credential, Camp CBE can help you map your adventure!
Summer Camp Isn’t Just for Kids
The nation’s leading experts, serving as your Camp Counselors, will guide you through a series of activities – culminating in a competency-based exemplar that’s ripe for replication. We’ll start with a solid foundation, C-BEN’s Quality Framework for CBE Programs, and use backward design principles to create a program designed to reach today’s learners.
Though you’ll be sad when Camp CBE ends, you’ll be a happy camper when you know how to …
- Connect various higher education initiatives, such as prior learning assessment, micro credentials, short-term stackable credentials,
- Demonstrate increased confidence in competency-based methods and backward design principles,
- Identify the knowledge, skills, abilities, and intellectual behaviors needed for a credential,
- Write well-crafted, behaviorally described competency statements, and
- Create performance-based assessments and level of mastery rubrics aligned to a credential pathway or career pipeline, whichever is most appropriate for the selected program.
All sessions will include a 30-minute break at 2:00 PM ET
Choose a Plan that Works for You
Trekking In A Group?*
*Includes up to 5 members. Team members must be working on the same program.
Registration will close on Friday, June 4, 2021. Space is limited.
Camp CBE Registration Fee includes:
- Access to a Camp Counselor – CBE expert who will provide personalized feedback to you or your team
- CBE Development Workbook – Practical, step-by-step guided activities to help you create quality CBE offering
- C-BEN’s Quality Framework for CBE Programs and other helpful resources
Who should be included in a program team?
- 1 to 2 Faculty Members
- Department Chair or Dean
- Instructional/ Curriculum Designer
- Employer Partner
Join the national movement
By becoming a C-BEN member and register at a discounted rate.
Not familiar with C-BEN?
We are a network of institutions, employers, and experts committed to unlocking the potential of competency-based learning to ensure education and training is more flexible, responsive, and valuable. C-BEN is the go-to source on competency-based learning—home to practitioners and leaders who are reimagining education and helping others design and build high-quality offerings. Through our work, we aim to advance the understanding of competency-based learning, accelerate its development and scale, develop and maintain quality standards, and remove barriers to its continued growth. Apply for membership here or contact us for more information.